Asheville Precision Watch Services
Our Certified Watchmakers have an unsurpassed depth of watch knowledge from Rolex to Timex. Regardless of brand, we provide detailed, precision service for your watch.
DISCOVERY WATCH SERVICE
Watch not working? Our $20 Discovery Watch Service will get to the bottom of the problem. Most of the time it's just a battery, but sometimes watches need more serious repairs. We inspect your watch for any issues with the battery, movement, and structural soundness of the watch case and strap.
The $20 service charge goes towards your final bill.
FULL SERVICE / OVERHAUL
- Once a watch is taken in and before any service is performed, we provide a close estimate of service costs for labor and parts. All estimates, unless otherwise stated, will be provided within 1-2 days upon arrival of the timepiece via the customer's preferred method of contact.
- We begin with the removal of the movement from the case. The case will be completely disassembled for pre-cleaning of all case components and bracelet parts.
- With the movement removed, the dial and hands can be removed and properly packaged to prevent any damage. All movement parts are ultrasonically pre-cleaned, degreased, and then inspected for any signs of excessive wear or damage. Worn parts are replaced and any needed adjustments are made prior to a final cleaning.
- Next, we carefully refinish the watch case, the bracelet and the bezel to remove scuff marks and scratches so that your watch will look almost as good as it looked when it was brand new, without compromising case and band integrity.
- All movement parts are then assembled and lubricated with Swiss high-grade lubricants and oils during the reassembly process. Once your watch has been completely reassembled, it is thoroughly tested according to manufacturer's watch service standards of excellence, and will be subsequently tested for 72 hours to assure accuracy, water resistance, and proper operation. Any required rate adjustments will be made on our Swiss “Witschi” timing machine.
BASIC CELL/BATTERY SERVICE
CASE AND BAND REFINISHING
- The case and bracelet are disassembled.
- The watch’s movement will be removed to protect it from harmful polishing compounds.
- The entire case will then be lapped and polished to restore the original factory finish.
- This also includes an ultrasonic cleaning of the case and bracelet using special cleaning solutions.
- After all cleaning and polishing has been performed successfully, the case is reassembled.
- The watch will be inspected and all worn gaskets will be replaced.
- The watch will be completely reassembled.
- Finally, your timepiece will be tested for water and moisture resistance, in accordance with its original factory specifications, if applicable..
STEM, CROWN, CRYSTAL REPLACEMENT
Stem and Crown:
STRAP / BRACELET REPLACEMENT
SHIPPING YOUR WATCH
It is important that you take great care in packaging your watch for shipment to The Watchmakers’s Shop repair facility to prevent additional damage to your watch in need of repair. Wrap your watch in tissue paper or place it in a clean, clear plastic bag, and then securely wrap the protected watch in bubble wrap. Do not place tape or any other adhesive directly on your watch.
Place the wrapped watch in the middle of a secure box filled with packing material (foam, paper packing peanuts, or additional bubble wrap). Do NOT send your watch in only a padded envelope—they do not offer adequate protection against damage during shipping. We recommend double-boxing your package for added security.
Do not send your watch to us in its original watch case/gift box, as it offers no protection and encourages postal theft. All watch boxes arriving to our shop/service center are discarded, and are not returned to the customer.
If your watch is worth $5,000 or less, we recommend Fedex or UPS for their superior package tracking capabilities. For watches worth over $5,000, only the USPS provides adequate insurance. USPS shipping will also cost less than Fedex or UPS in most cases. Regardless of which courier you select, please insure your watch for its replacement value, and send it with delivery confirmation and signature required.
Please ship your watch to our address:
The Watchmaker's Shop
1 Page Avenue #116-B
Asheville, NC 28801
Click on one of the following shipping services to find the facility closest to you: